Catch up on the latest Tourism Saskatchewan news with the Fall 2018 edition of Going Places, delivered to tourism industry operators and stakeholders this month. You can also access the publication online by clicking here.
- Historic Reesor Ranch and Tourism Saskatoon win Canadian Tourism Awards
- Indigenous Tourism Experience Award added to the Saskatchewan Tourism Awards of Excellence
- Mark your calendar for the HOST Saskatchewan Conference, April 11, 2019
- ExploreSask Photo Contest winners announced
- 2019 Saskatchewan Fishing and Hunting Map promotes outdoor adventure
- Tourism Saskatchewan partners with TIAC to tap China's travel market
- Register for China readiness workshop in Saskatoon, January 22
- Partners plan for 2020 opening of Saskatchewan's first Indigenous Tourism Corridor
- Tourism Trends: Decoding customer experience, Part Two - Connecting with Customers
- Top Five Tips for using Instagram
- STEC refreshes Education and Opportunities Training Catalogue
The online Red Seal Cook Preparation course provides an accelerated path for experienced cooks to earn Red Seal certification. The course runs from January 14 to May 17. The registration deadline is January 11.
This online course, offered through Saskatchewan Polytechnic, is designed to prepare individuals to challenge the cook interprovincial journeyperson examination. Click here to register.
In January, the Tourism Industry Association of Canada will be hosting a series of China Readiness workshops across Canada. Saskatchewan tourism businesses and organizations are encouraged to register for the session in Saskatoon on January 22, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel.
The FREE workshops are recommended for small- and medium-sized tourism businesses interested in tapping the Chinese market. Content examines the following:
- Chinese tourist profiles
- Preferred payment methods
- Cultural insights and communications tips
- Visitor needs and wants
- Mobile and social media habits
Sessions provide insights into the market and included one-on-one time with a China Readiness trainer.
Register online at https://tiac-aitc.ca/ChinaReady.html
The Saskatchewan Tourism Awards of Excellence acknowledge exceptional contributions to the province's tourism sector. These industry awards, presented in 13 categories, honour individuals, communities, business and events that go above and beyond to provide great experiences and service. Visit Industry.TourismSaskatchewan.com to download the nomination forms.
Start your nominations early. Taking the time to provide clear, concise, well-crafted answers will enhance your submission. Send your completed nomination forms, along with any supporting materials, such as images or video, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is January 25, 2019.
The 30th annual Saskatchewan Tourism Awards of Excellence Gala will be celebrated at TCU Place in Saskatoon on April 11, 2019, in conjunction with the HOST Saskatchewan Conference.