ExploreSask Photo Contest
Tourism Saskatchewan’s annual ExploreSask Photo Contest is officially underway.
The contest launch is a part of Saskatchewan Tourism Week, celebrated throughout the province from May 26 to June 1.
Enter photographs of your favourite Saskatchewan adventures for a chance to win great prizes. Amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to submit their most striking images that capture the natural wonders of Saskatchewan and tell stories about its people and communities. The contest runs until September 16, 2019.
Please download and print the contest poster to display at your business or organization to spread the word to guests and visitors:
The six contest categories are:
- People (#ExploreSaskPeople) – Portraits of Saskatchewan people from all walks of life enjoying indoor or outdoor activities.
- Places (#ExploreSaskPlaces) – Photos that portray the community spirit and liveliness of Saskatchewan cities and towns, including events and festivals, cityscapes, local attractions, dining and urban life.
- Prairie (#ExploreSaskPrairie) – Scenic photos from prairie regions; hidden treasures such as valleys, hills and badlands; other natural features displaying the province’s diverse geography in any season.
- Water (#ExploreSaskWater) – Photography that features Saskatchewan’s abundant lakes and rivers.
- Wildlife (#ExploreSaskWildlife) – Images that showcase Saskatchewan’s beautiful wild animals, birds and insects.
- Woods (#ExploreSaskWoods) – Photos that highlight Saskatchewan’s diverse forests and trees, from lodgepole pine and aspen groves in the south to the boreal forests of the north.
The prize-winning photographer, in each category, will receive a $500 Visa gift card. The Grand Prize winner, selected from the six category winners, will receive an additional $500 Visa gift card. There will also be up to five honourable mention prizes in each category.
Photographers may also submit entries through Instagram and Twitter by using the #ExploreSask category hashtags. Submissions will be displayed in an online gallery open for comments or to share with friends.
For complete contest rules and to submit your entry, visit TourismSaskatchewan.com/PhotoContest or call Tourism Saskatchewan toll-free at 1-877-237-2273. The deadline for entries is September 16, 2019.