Destination Employment: Your future begins here
The Destination Employment program helps newcomers gain meaningful employment in Canadian hotels, giving them the experience they need to build a successful future in Canada.
Saskatchewan is one of five key regions chosen to participate in the Destination Employment program.Destination Employment provides a new approach to help integrate newcomers (including refugees) and creates an opportunity for them to obtain their first Canadian workplace experience. The program may also be replicated in other areas of the tourism sector or in other sectors of the economy looking for labour.
Employers: Address Your Labour Challenges
Employers must be willing to:
- Hire program participants in permanent (or recurring seasonal) positions
- Commit the time and support of a designated staff member to mentor program participants
- Document and explain how hiring newcomers to Canada will help address their business challenges and objectives
- Work with existing community organizations, partners and services to support newcomers to Canada with other settlement needs that may arise
- Participate in program evaluation activities, as required
- Provide program participants with wages and benefits that are commensurate with the demands of their employment, based on Canadian standards
- Provide flexibility for training, as required
Newcomers: Join the Hotel Industry
To be eligible for this program, you must reside in Canada and are either:
- A permanent resident of Canada (with PR card or conformation of permanent residence letter)
- A Protected Person and/or Convention refugee with a valid work permit