The Destination Experience Development Program intake will take place from November 2 until December 15, 2020.
To get the most up-to-date information on this and other Tourism Saskatchewan programs,
please sign up to receive our industry communications.
This funding program aims to encourage, support and facilitate the development of clusters of compelling tourist experiences within Saskatchewan communities and/or destination areas. These experiences will align with the expectations and demands of key visitor markets.
The program is application-based. The maximum funding per applicant is $20,000. There will be no equity investment required by the applicant for the 2020/2021 application year.
- Incorporated community non-profit organizations, societies, destination marketing and/or management organizations located outside of the major cities
- Urban and rural municipalities
- Indigenous communities and organizations
- Partnership between two or more of the above entities
Project Requirements (ALL must be met)
- multi-day experience
- increases visitation, spending and the length-of-stay
- incorporates food and beverage, accommodation, transportation, recreation and entertainment
- digital marketing strategy
- online booking capabilities
- a unique Saskatchewan experience
- generates economic benefits
- demonstrates the value of tourism to communities and destination areas
- project must be completed within 24 months of contract signing date