I Love Tourism Careers
Showcasing the people behind the vacation
We are looking for an experienced social media influencer who understands workplace culture. Your mission is to show the world what it’s like to work in tourism in Saskatchewan:
- Tourism offers top tier career, entrepreneurship and business opportunities.
- Selling fun is serious work that takes outstanding talent.
Live, work and connect with tourism professionals across Saskatchewan for six months, beginning May, 2019. Earning $30,000 is only one of the perks to this busy, yet challenging contract.Your combination of social media savvy and business acumen gives you a unique perspective to showcase the dedicated, innovative and passionate people who work in tourism in Saskatchewan. Your assignment is to promote the special people in Saskatchewan that make tourism a success. You will profile successful and innovative entrepreneurs, managers and front-line workers.
As the I (heart) Tourism content creator, you will:
- Search out and interview interesting people that have fun and rewarding careers in tourism
- Capture compelling videography and photography.
- Keep followers engaged through social media and blogs.
- Write and edit stories that share your experiences in a way that captivates your audience.
- Experience shooting and editing video.
- Experience conducting and editing photography.
- Experience interviewing, writing, editing and storytelling.
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles, social media principles, computer and AV equipment.
- Experience speaking in public.
- Knowledge of Saskatchewan, the tourism sector and the five industries that comprise the sector.
- Knowledge of human resource, workplace, labour market or career development principles and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant education in a field such as journalism, film, communications, marketing or English preferred but not required.
- Shoot, edit and upload videos and photos.
- Identify messaging and timing for blog, social media updates, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Maintain a strong online presence through charismatic presentation.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and online audiences.
- Provide strong written content.
- Work independently as a contributing member of the I (heart) Tourism team to achieve common goals.
- Plan and balance diverse and conflicting workload pressures.
- Accept direction while working with a wide range of project partners.
- Meet deadlines.
- Represent Saskatchewan and the I (heart) Tourism campaign in a positive way.