The Saskatchewan Tourism Education Council (STEC) is the education and training department of Tourism Saskatchewan. STEC's human resources development initiatives and its education and training programs help strengthen Saskatchewan’s tourism and hospitality sector.
Working in partnership with a broad range of industry and stakeholder groups, STEC has been developing and delivering award-winning training and education programs since 1990. STEC is a member of Tourism HR Canada (THRC), which coordinates national initiatives in human resources development for tourism businesses. Our membership in the THRC, along with representatives of all provinces and Yukon, provides a forum for national awareness of broad industry trends and challenges. Having developed a depth of experience and expertise in effective education and training, our programs have been in demand by sectors beyond tourism and hospitality.
- improve human resource management and training practices;
- reduce employee turnover and increase employee retention;
- assist industry in developing essential workplace skills;
- increase the knowledge and skill levels of the workforce; encourage greater relevance of existing post-secondary education and technical training;
- support a professional workforce by developing, promoting, co-ordinating, and evaluating industry managed standards, certification, career awareness and training; and
- contribute to a more representative Saskatchewan workforce.