Pathway to Recovery Training Series
The Pathway to Recovery Training Series is part of Tourism Saskatchewan's plan to support the tourism industry through the COVID-19 crisis and beyond. The training series offers employers programming designed to assist them through the recovery phase, with the aim of emerging from the crisis with a stronger and more resilient workforce.
The series consists of 14 comprehensive training programs designed to ensure that workers in tourism businesses are equipped with the skills needed to keep workplaces operational and adjust to pandemic safety protocols. Each program delivers instructor-led training in a safe online environment to provide occupational and pandemic-specific skills and knowledge.
Each program includes the following curriculum:
- Nationally recognized emerit Professional or Specialist Occupation instruction and workbook;
- Nationally recognized emerit Knowledge Certificate;
- Service Best (for front line workers) or Service Best for Leaders (for management), Tourism Saskatchewan's award-winning customer service training;
- Controlling for COVID instructor-led session and supporting webinar;
- Workplace Trainer (management-level training)
- National emerit written exam;
- Eight to 14 hours of instructor-led learning;
- Training provided by top industry experts and professional tourism trainers;
- Record of Completion issued by the Saskatchewan Tourism Education Council, the education and training department of Tourism Saskatchewan.
Two streams of training are available for each program:
- Training only: ideal for employees , resulting in Record of Completion.
- Training with emerit Professional or Specialist Certification: recommended for experienced employees. In addition to a Record of Completion, the employee is awarded National emerit Professional or Specialist Certification including Tourism Certified Professional (TCP) or Tourism Certified Manager (TCM) designation.
Training is available for these occupations:
- Director of Housekeeping
- Event Coordinator
- Event Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Food and Beverage Management International
- Food and Beverage Server
- Freshwater Fishing Guide
- Front Desk Agent
- Heritage Interpreter
- Hotel General Manager
- Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Retail Sales Associate
- Sales Manager
Pathway to Recovery is Tourism Saskatchewan’s plan to support the tourism industry through the COVID-19 crisis and beyond. During the plan’s three phases – Response, Recovery and Resilience – Tourism Saskatchewan is working closely with DMOs, CMOs, tourism operators and industry stakeholders.
Employers enrolling staff for the Pathway to Recovery Training program may be eligible for the Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy.
Banner image courtesy of Tourism Saskatoon