CannaSell SK Responsible Cannabis Sales is the official provincial training program for responsible cannabis sales
CannaSell SK Responsible Cannabis Sales provides consistent training for owners and employees of private businesses that distribute and sell non-medical cannabis in Saskatchewan. CannaSell SK ensures that sales are conducted with integrity and in a socially responsible manner.
Why you need CannaSell SK Responsible Cannabis Sales
All retail owners and managers are required to take training in responsible sales of cannabis before a permit will be issued to allow sales of cannabis. Employees are required to take the training before starting their employment.
Who needs to take CannaSell SK
CannaSell SK certification is mandatory for the following full-time and part-time staff:
- where cannabis is provided under the authority of a cannabis permit:
- permitted premises owners, managers, supervisors, retailers, and cashiers;
- security staff (directly employed or contracted by the permittee); and
- owners and managers of a company contracted to provide security.
- where cannabis is being promoted by a registered cannabis representative:
- the owner, operator or manager of a cannabis representative and their employees.
Who doesn't need to take CannaSell SK
Retailers are subject to inspections to ensure compliance with terms and conditions associated with their retail permit. Retailers in breach of operating rules will be subject to sanctions, including letters of warning, monetary fines and suspension or cancellation of the retail permit.
What is involved in taking CannaSell SK
The CannaSell SK course includes:
- Legal Responsibilities and Liabilities
- Cannabis Knowledge
- What is Legal in Saskatchewan
- Problematic Cannabis Use and Canada's Lower-Risk Cannabis Use Guidelines (LRCUG)
- Intoxication and Impairment
- Responsible Service Strategies
- When and How to Refuse to Sell Cannabis
Once you purchase the course, you will have 45 days to complete it online. You should be able to complete the course in six hours or less. There is a 35-question multiple choice online exam at the end of the course. To pass the exam, a mark of 80% must be achieved. You will have five attempts to complete the exam.
Upon successful completion of the course, your certificate is available for you to download from your online profile. Please save or print your certificate so that you can show it to your employer or an SLGA cannabis inspector as proof of completion.Your certification expires after five years. You must recertify before the expiry date on your CannaSell SK proof of certification. To do this, you must take the CannaSell SK program again and pass the exam with the passing grade of 80%.