Tourism Professional Development Bursary
The Saskatchewan Tourism Education Council Department of Tourism Saskatchewan is pleased to offer professional development bursaries for the tourism sector in Saskatchewan. Bursaries are available for all five industries that make up the sector — accommodation, food and beverage services, recreation and entertainment, transportation, and travel services.
STEC will pay for applicable fees, up to $500 per participant, to cover the actual cost of emerit Professional or Specialist Certification and related training resources or tuition for tourism Apprenticeship Trades. Up to $5,000 is available for all approved bursaries each year.
- Applications are accepted from May 1, 2019 to May 31, 2019.
- Successful applications will be determined at the discretion of Tourism Saskatchewan.
- Successful applicants will be notified by June 30, 2019.
- emerit Professional Certification applicants must be residents of Saskatchewan and currently employed in an eligible occupation with a minimum of 500 hours of experience.
- Apprenticeship applicants must be residents of Saskatchewan and have a minimum of 3000 hours of trade-related experience.
- The applicant must agree to complete the program by May 30, 2020.
- An applicant may not receive more than one bursary per year.
emerit Professional and Specialist Certifications available for the Tourism Professional Development Bursary
For more information about the emerit Professional and Specialist Certifications below, visit emerit.ca
- Director of Housekeeping
- Event Coordinator
- Event Manager
- Event Management International
- Food and Beverage Server
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Food and Beverage Management International
- Freshwater Fishing Guide
- Front Desk Agent
- Heritage Interpreter
- Hotel General Manager
- Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Hunting Guide
- Line Cook
- Reservation Sales Agent
- Retail Sales Associate
- Sales Manager
- Taxicab and Limousine Driver
- Tour Guide
- Tourism Trainer
- Tourism Visitor Information Counsellor
Apprenticeship trades available for the Tourism Professional Development BursaryFor more information about apprenticeships in the tourism trades below, see Tourism Apprenticeships or visit the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission website.
- Food and Beverage Person
- Guest Services Representative