National and International Tourism Events
The Fall intake is now closed. Applicants will be notified as to the status of their applications shortly. Please check back for updates.
Tourism Saskatchewan defines a National or International Tourism Event as one that:
- demonstrates sufficient national or international reputation to draw tourists (reputation);
- demonstrates a national or international reputation that attracts significant media exposure (media); and
- does not recur annually in Saskatchewan, but travels nationally or internationally to host destinations (one-time).
Each National and International Tourism Events application will be assessed for the following:
- an increase in tourist visitation and tourist receipts in Saskatchewan;
- an increase in national/international profile for Saskatchewan; and
- a strong economic impact.