Event Hosting Program
Tourism Saskatchewan offers financial assistance for event organizers, communities and organizations to attract visitors, grow the economy and promote a positive image of Saskatchewan as an event hosting destination.
The Spring 2020 intake is now closed. The Fall 2020 intake will open on August 4.
For more information, please click on the link below to access the PDF document for program guidelines.
About the Event Hosting Program
The Event Hosting Program provides funding to encourage the attraction, hosting and marketing of one-time, national and international events in the areas of sports, culture, meetings, conventions and special tourism projects.
The Event Hosting Program provides assistance to organizations to bid, host and market one-time events of a size and scope sufficient to draw significant visitation to the province and to showcase Saskatchewan's communities nationally and globally. Activities which positively contribute to the image and perception of Saskatchewan as an enticing tourism destination and demonstrate potential to generate significant tourist visitation and spending are supported as Special Tourism Projects.
Tourism Saskatchewan defines a Tourism Event as one that:
• demonstrates a reputation, capacity and intention to draw tourists;
• demonstrates a national or international reputation that attracts significant media exposure; and
• does not recur annually in Saskatchewan, but travels nationally or internationally to host destinations (one-time).
• is organized as a series of events or activities over a set period;
• is promoted and marketed to prospective tourists; and
• highlights Saskatchewan as a top-of-mind travel destination.
Each Event Hosting Program application will be assessed for the following:
• an increase in tourist visitation and tourist receipts in Saskatchewan;
• an increase in national/international profile for Saskatchewan;
• a well-developed marketing plan;
• a strong economic impact; and,
• enhancement of Saskatchewan’s image to prospective visitors.
Applicants are encouraged to read the Event Hosting Guidelines prior to submitting an application. Click the link below to access the PDF document.