The Diversification and New Market Program's intake is now OPEN until May 31, 2021.
This funding program has been created to assist Saskatchewan tourism businesses by supporting and facilitating the development of new experiences and/or new markets for an established tourism product.
This program is application-based. The maximum funding per applicant ranges from $20,000-$30,000, depending on the stream to which the applicant applies. A minimum equity investment of 30 per cent of the total project cost is required by the applicant, and applies to all three streams. (see below).
Existing Saskatchewan tourism businesses that are market-ready
There are three streams with the following objectives:1. New Market(s) - attract new markets for currently operating tourism business infrastructure
- (Maximum $20,000 available)
- (Maximum $20,000 available)
- (Maximum $30,000 available)
- Infrastructure development
- Training for delivery of guided experiences
- Packaging expenses, such as commissions management, inventory management, costs associated with online booking systems and distribution channels, etc.
- All development or enhancement costs of tourism experiences with a focus on reaching new markets
- Development of new experiences or products to extend operations into shoulder seasons or winter, or to expand current product offerings.
- Safety equipment and signage related to Covid-19 recommendations and regulations (e.g. personal protection equipment (PPE), hand sanitizer, reduction barriers, directional and safety signage)
Project Requirements (ALL of the following requirements MUST be met):
- Incorporates ALL of the following package elements: food and beverage, accommodation, transportation, recreation and entertainment;
- Incorporates products that are available at a single-point of purchase;
- Potential exists for present infrastructure to attract new markets or expand into a new season;
- All projects must demonstrate alignment to Tourism Saskatchewan’s priority markets or provide future potential alignment for those markets;
- Encourages the development of a unique Saskatchewan experience by aligning new product and experience development to Tourism Saskatchewan’s brand pillars: Land and Sky, Time and Space, and Community. (Review Bringing the Saskatchewan Tourism Brand to Life for guidance on weaving brand themes into your activities);
- Offers a package of goods and/or services that address customers’ complete needs during their stay;
- Shows an effective use of funds and demonstrates ability to deliver on project outcomes;
- Project must be completed on or before March 31, 2023.
- Supports projects within communities and destination areas that contribute to the development of new or enhancement of existing tourism experiences. Special attention will be paid to projects that reflect the following experiential themes:
- embracing Saskatchewan life
- pursuing Saskatchewan adventure
- savouring Saskatchewan flavours
- experiencing Saskatchewan creativity
Project must be completed on or before March 31, 2023.