Community Annual Tourism Events
- is a public celebration with a total operating budget of less than $100,000;
- is organized as a series of events or activities over a set time period;
- demonstrates a capacity and intention to develop itself as a tourism driver over the long term; and
- is promoted and marketed to tourists.
The Community Annual Tourism Events Category will provide project-based funding to help organizations develop tourism festivals and events in communities across Saskatchewan. By helping organizers enhance programming, improve services and elevate the overall quality of their tourism festival or event, the Community Annual Event Tourism Category will help organizations give visitors and residents a compelling reason to visit Saskatchewan's communities.
Each Community Annual Events application will be assessed for the following:
- strategies or activities that increase tourist visitation, spending and length of stay in Saskatchewan;
- a project plan with strong tourism rationale and ability to sustain the proposed tourism project in future years; and
- a well-developed marketing plan.
Click here to access or review your application.