About the Co-operative Advertising Program
Saskatchewan operators can receive advertising subsidies and digital marketing assistance through Tourism Saskatchewan's Co-operative Advertising Program (CAP).
The CAP provides tourism industry stakeholders with cost-shared marketing and an equal opportunity to participate in coordinated provincial advertising that includes radio, outdoor, television and online components. Current program dates for eligible marketing activities are April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
- Sponsored advertising activities must promote a tourism attraction, event or experience.
- Hospitality, lodging and service industry providers (restaurants, hotels, retail outlets, etc.) are eligible to participate through package-based content that must focus on attracting visitors from outside of their local markets.
- Applicants must outline a clear plan to track and report return on investment.
- The Requested Advertising Funding Assistance Table on the application form must be completed accurately. Total expenses before subsidy should match the total application amount listed under Applicant/Organization Information.
- The project description must be completed accurately, including goals and objectives.
Alignment with Tourism Saskatchewan's brand, strategic priorities and key markets is preferred. Advertising activities that are placed with media 40 km outside of the applicant's location will be given preference and may be subsidized at a higher level than advertising placed with local media.
Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The CAP is subject to funding availability and may change without notice.
- An annual maximum buy-in of $10,000 per partner, for any combination of advertising, is in effect.
- Subsidies are limited to 50 per cent of approved expenses, however this level of support is dependent upon the number of applications and available budget.
Please click on the link below to download an application. Once you have completed the required fields, email the form to your local Tourism Saskatchewan Field Representative, or send via fax to (306) 787-6293.
Approved advertising activities must include the Tourism Saskatchewan wordmark or tagline provided. Please refer to the Use of Wordmark for Industry Partners document for more information.